IoTA offers the following services to its members and guests:
- An educative forum to gain and disseminate a common understanding of IoT technology, applications, standards and security.
- An environment where practitioners can discuss IOT case studies
- A support group where useful IoT and associated standards can be evaluated and endorsed
- A networking centre where all types of stakeholders can meet, share experiences and – often – do business together
- An information exchange for new IoT hardware, security, software and networking architectures and products can be exposed, discussed and understood
IoTA will cover the range of IoT technology, applications, products and projects, and will also address the associated technologies such as Big Data and M2M. A working Group has been set up.