Smartex was established in 1993, and since then has developed the world’s leading group of membership-based associations for organisations working in the smart technology sector. Smartex brings together the community of suppliers, users and potential users, to share knowledge and increase awareness of each sector’s successes, issues and potential direction and pace.
As a member of Smartex, you and your company will be part of this community, and will have the opportunity to meet industry peers and – if you are a service provider – prospective customers, regularly and informally.
Whether your interest is purely technical, or related to a specific sector, membership of Smartex offers excellent value by providing a wide range of useful services including:
- Sector-based Forums encompassing the topics of the day and fast-moving technologies including smart cards, biometrics, NFC, IoT, RFID, micropayments and related applications and (from 2017) eID
- Access to the Smartex website, including members-only areas and past meeting presentations
- Receipt of Smartexpress, the Smartex daily emailed news service circulated to nearly 2,000 key industry contacts (your organisation can receive multiple copies of this)
- Free company entry (if you are a supplier) in the Smartex International Supplier Directory
- Discounted advertising on the Smartex website and in Smartexpress
- Discounted attendance at many public conferences and other related events
- Access to SmartexMoves, a specialised on-line recruitment service for those looking for employment or consultancy work, and for organisations seeking new staff members or consultants
- Participation in our LinkedIn Group. Smartex is also active on Twitter
- Discounted attendance at specialised residential Smartex Workshops
- Discounted rates for the legendary Smartex annual overseas event group visit.
- The Smart Card Club (SCC)
- The Transport Card Forum (TCF)
- The Higher Education Smart Campus Association (HESCA)
- The Smart Payments Forum (SPF)
- The Near Field Club (NFC) - from 2017 to be rebranded as MIDAS (Mobile ID Association)
- The Internet of Things Association (IoTA) - launched in 2015
International Smartex-affiliated Forums
- Asia Pacific Smart Card Association (APSCA)
- Central Eastern European Smart Card Association (CEESCA)