Mobile & Identity
Near Field Communications for mobiles has been a while coming, at least to the UK, but NFC is about to take us all by storm. The Near Field Club will be invaluable in providing members and guests with a regular opportunity to understand the how, when, where and what of NFC, to learn about the underlying technology and its applications, to hear from leading specialists in related fields, and to network in a pleasant and non-sales environment. An NFC Steering Group has been established to govern the subject matter and sessions for our quarterly NFC meetings. Quarterly meetings will combine news, education, networking and sharing of experiences, as always within the friendly and convivial Smartex meeting style that has proved so successful since 1993.
The Near Field Club meets quarterly. Meeting subjects are selected by its Steering Group. Amongst the topics and activities that we are likely to be addressing are:
- NFC security methodologies and challenges
- New NFC applications e.g.:
- NFC mobiles as readers
- NFC for health
- NFC for enterprise
- NFC for education
- Identity assurance
- Access control
- NFC and the creative/advertising industry – connecting the person to the message
- The merchant perspective and experience
- The status and plans of the MNO and handset manufacturer community towards NFC
- The future TSM landscape
- SE form factors: HCE, TEE, SD card, SE in SIM, SE in handset, SE in powered sticker
- Operational issues e.g. PIN entry, refunds and upgrades, changing handset/bank/operator
- Standards and regulations affecting NFC
- Compliance, testing and certification across the supply chain
- The customer perspective and experience
- Managing NFC ‘phones and services
- Migration issues in NFC
- Ownership, control and branding issues in the NFC world
- The role of the Wallet in NFC
- Monetising NFC: the business case
- NFC disruptors
- The role and effect of the plans of new players e.g. iZettle, Square, etc.
Meeting Agendas and Dates
- For 2016 meeting dates and agendas click here.
The near Field Club consists of a Smartex-nominated group of NFC members. The Steering Group enables member organisations to influence the focus and direction of the Forum, and to help plan meeting agendas.
Steering Group functions
- comment on previous meeting
- agree date and venue for next meeting
- agree chairman for next meeting
- agree theme for next meeting
- agree agenda for next meeting
- suggest presenters for next meeting
Steering Committee Members
- Consult Hyperion
- Deutsche Telekom (UK)
- Giesecke & Devrient GB
- Infineon Technologies UK
- The Human Chain
How to join
Smartex Forums are membership-based with an in-advance membership fee structure designed to suit the entire range of interests in smart technology, biometrics, smart payments, prepaid, RFID tags, M2M and NFC, and to accommodate differing time and budgetary resources.
Comprehensive information about member services and benefits, and about Forum subjects and plans for the next year are provided in the 11 sub-sections listed below. These include details of how to join, and a membership application form.
If you have any questions or comments about membership, please don't hesitate to contact the Smartex office on +44(0)1440 712610, or at email@example.com, and we will do our best to help you.
Members have access to restricted content.
To access presentations from past meetings of our forums, click on the links below:
Delegates have access to presentations from the latest Smartex meeting.