Mobile & Identity Forum
Near Field Communications for mobiles has been a while coming, at least to the UK, but NFC is about to take us all by storm. The Mobile and Identity Forum will be invaluable in providing members and guests with a regular opportunity to understand the how, when, where and what of NFC, to learn about the underlying technology and its applications, to hear from leading specialists in related fields, and to network in a pleasant and non-sales environment. A Steering Group has been established to govern the subject matter and sessions for our quarterly MIDF meetings. Quarterly meetings will combine news, education, networking and sharing of experiences, as always within the friendly and convivial Smartex meeting style that has proved so successful since 1993.
Meeting Agendas and Dates
This Forum meets quarterly. Meeting subjects are selected by its Steering Group. Amongst the topics and activities that we are likely to be addressing are:
- The assertion and ratification of digital identity and credentials through smart technology
- Linking eID and mobiles
- Biometrics on mobile (for phone access or transaction authentication and authorisation)
- Mobile channels for authentication
- Multi-factor authentication for identity and payment: regulations and reality
- Using NFC/BLE tokens for access control
- Using an NFC tag with an iPhone and Android for identity management
- Mobile identity fraud
- Using open standards
- FIDO on mobiles
- Blockchain: how important will it become in the mobile & ID world? • Mobile passport
- Mobile driving licence
- SE form factors: HCE, TEE, SD card, SE in SIM, SE in handset, SE in powered sticker
- Mobile wallet wars: who’s winning?
- Emerging standards and regulations for mobile & identity
- The above will have an emphasis on UK activities but will introduce overseas sessions where relevant and important
For 2018 meeting dates and agendas click here.
The MIDF steering group consists of a Smartex-nominated group of MIDF members. The Steering Group enables member organisations to influence the focus and direction of the Forum, and to help plan meeting agendas.
Steering Group functions
- comment on previous meeting
- agree date and venue for next meeting
- agree chairman for next meeting
- agree theme for next meeting
- agree agenda for next meeting
- suggest presenters for next meeting
Steering Committee Members
- Consult Hyperion
- Deutsche Telekom (UK)
- Giesecke & Devrient GB
- Infineon Technologies UK
- The Human Chain
How to join
Smartex Forums are membership-based with an in-advance membership fee structure designed to suit the entire range of interests in smart technology, biometrics, smart payments, prepaid, RFID tags, M2M and NFC, and to accommodate differing time and budgetary resources.
Comprehensive information about member services and benefits, and about Forum subjects and plans for the next year are provided in the 11 sub-sections listed below. These include details of how to join, and a membership application form.
If you have any questions or comments about membership, please don't hesitate to contact the Smartex office on +44(0)1440 712610, or at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will do our best to help you.
Members have access to restricted content.
To access presentations from past meetings of our forums, click on the links below:
Delegates have access to presentations from the latest Smartex meeting.