The Smart Card Club
Founded in 1993 by Richard Poynder, The Smart Card Club is a professional association which has rapidly established itself as the premier forum for education, debate and promotion of all aspects of smart technology and related, standards, applications and schemes.
- To promote the adoption of smart technology where relevant, under suitable standards
- To educate members as to the latest technology, standards and applications
- To learn of smart technology applications and developments globally
- To enable scheme operators to meet suppliers, in a non-sales environment.
- Meetings are of a full day's duration, with highly qualified session leaders
- Access to (and where relevant, entry into) the Smart Card Supplier Directory
- Up-to-date smart technology, M2M, NFC mobile, biometrics, and RFID-related news through our daily newsletter emailed newsfeed SmartExpress
- Standards documentation
- Product and company information
- Workshops and training events
- Global memberships for all associated affiliates and societies world-wide
- Independent consultancy service
- 'SmartexMoves' smart card-based recruitment service
- Hot-line support from the Club offices
- Website services for all member organisations - including receipt of all meeting presentations
Club membership is open to all companies, organisations and individuals interested in or concerned with smart cards and related technology, whether as suppliers, advisers, consultants, existing or potential scheme operators or end users. There are several levels of membership available, dependent upon the degree of involvement or interest in the technology and its applications.
How to join
Smartex Forums are membership-based with an in-advance membership fee structure designed to suit the entire range of interests in smart technology, biometrics, smart payments, prepaid, RFID tags, M2M and NFC, and to accommodate differing time and budgetary resources.
Comprehensive information about member services and benefits, and about Forum subjects and plans for the next year are provided in the 11 sub-sections listed below. These include details of how to join, and a membership application form, or simply download the Membership Information Pack.
If you have any questions or comments about membership, please don't hesitate to contact the Smartex office on +44(0)1440 712610, or at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will do our best to help you.
A number of subject areas have already been identified as being relevant for consideration and debate during 2014. These are set out below. They are naturally subject to change, depending upon the status of the various market sectors at the time of the meetings.
Amongst the topics and activities that we shall be addressing are:
- New entrant technologies and their potential impact on the smart card market
- Provision of forecasts for the smart technology market over the next 5 years
- Public sector and local government smart projects and plans
- Prepaid products and projects
- RFID tag applications and technologies
- Innovative RFID tag applications: passenger tracking, journey mapping, etc.
- Biometric applications and technologies as replacement verification methods
- M2M: the technology, pace, market potential and likely impact
- Emerging smart standards and other international specifications
- Loyalty applications across retail and financial sectors
- Case studies, including user feedback of experiences with products and services
- Development of the financial business case and funding issues/solutions for a scheme
- End-of-year summary of Smartex Forum progress and activities.
Meeting Dates and Agendas
- Tuesday, 1st April: The retail revolution: Park Tower Knightsbridge, London - Agenda to follow
- Tuesday, 10th June: Park Tower Knightsbridge, London - Agenda to follow
- Tuesday, 15th July: venue t.b.c. - Agenda to follow
- Thursday, 9th October: Park Tower Knightsbridge, London - Agenda to follow
- Tuesday, 9th December: venue t.b.c., London - Agenda to follow
Members have access to restricted content.
To access presentations from past meetings of our forums, click on the links below:
Delegates' Pages - coming soon