Smart Payments Forum
The SPF is designed for individuals and organisations that share an interest in the emerging new world of commercial, micro, e- and m-payments. This is a pivotal time in the overall payments evolution, with a huge number of challenges and barriers to national adoption and usage, and in general a great lack of uniformity or standardisation. We encourage you to become part of this Forum, in order to learn about what's happening and also to network with others affected by the ways by which small and large payments will be made in future - particularly over the internet and through the medium of mobile devices. Quarterly meetings will combine news, education, networking and sharing of experiences, as always within the friendly and convivial Smartex meeting style that has proved so successful since 1993.
Amongst the topics and activities that we shall be addressing are:
- New entrant technologies and their potential impact on the smart card market
- Public sector and local government smart projects and plans
- Prepaid products and projects
- RFID tag applications and technologies
- Emerging smart standards and other international specifications
- Loyalty applications across retail and financial sectors
- Case studies, including user feedback of experiences with products and services
- Development of the financial business case and funding issues/solutions for a scheme
- End-of-year summary of Smartex Forum progress and activities.
Meeting Agendas and Dates
- For 2018 meeting dates and agendas click here.
How to join
Smartex Forums are membership-based with an in-advance membership fee structure designed to suit the entire range of interests in smart technology, biometrics, smart payments, prepaid, RFID tags, M2M and NFC, and to accommodate differing time and budgetary resources.
Comprehensive information about member services and benefits, and about Forum subjects and plans for the next year are provided in the 11 sub-sections listed below. These include details of how to join, and a membership application form.
If you have any questions or comments about membership, please don't hesitate to contact the Smartex office on +44(0)1440 712610, or at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will do our best to help you.
Members have access to restricted content.
To access presentations from past meetings of our forums, click on the links below:
Delegates have access to presentations from the latest Smartex meeting.