Smartex’s annual two-day Conference & Exhibition for the Transport Card Forum
“Smart Transport for the New Generation”
Kindly supported by Transport for the West Midlands
25th & 26th September 2017
Following last September’s successful event with Transport for the North in Leeds, we are delighted to invite you to this special two-day TCF meeting, supported by Transport for the West Midlands (TfWM), which this time will have as its main theme the development of smart transport systems that will meet young people's needs and expectations. We shall be bringing together transport operators, consultants, suppliers, Local Government Authorities and other industry specialists to learn about and debate the current status, challenges and future plans affecting the smart transport landscape, with a particular emphasis on the West Midlands.
As always, the Conference will be supported and enriched by our sponsors and other exhibitors, including Euclid, ITSO, Creditcall, Cammax, INIT, Parkeon, ESP Group, Smartrac, ACT, Rambus, The Hub Company, Multipass, Vocalink and Burall Infosmart a BBP Company, who will be demonstrating and explaining their latest products and services for this sector, and whose generosity permits Smartex to offer free attendance to non-member transport operators and Local Government bodies with transport schemes.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Transport Operators (FREE, terms apply, see below)
- Local Authorities (FREE, terms apply, see below)
- Product and Service Suppliers (terms apply, see below)
- Anyone with an interest in passenger transport and trends affecting the smart technology industry (terms apply, see below)
- Learn from specialist speakers about the emerging strategy and tactics for enhancing the quality and spread of smart transport systems in the West Midlands and throughout the UK, particularly as they relate to the next generation of passengers
- See demonstrations of the latest smart ticketing and payment products
- Discover innovative technologies that will revolutionise ticketing, payment and much more
- Network with the senior transport industry community
General theme: Smart Transport for the New Generation
The conference is planned to include the following main topics, each of which will be supported by a number of short presentations:
- Session 1 (Day 1 morning)
- Session theme: Opening addresses and status reports
- Where are we, and where are we going in the UK?
- What’s happening outside the UK?
- Session 2 (Day 1 afternoon)
- Session theme: Innovative products and projects for tomorrow’s world
- Account-based ticketing (ABT)
- Scottish national e-purse
- ITSO: moving forward for the future of smart ticketing
- Future ticketing technologies
- Case studies and other innovations
- Session 3 (Day 2 morning)
- Session theme: Developing smart transport systems for the new generation
- Research results from Transport Focus
- Feedback from young people
- Modal shift to other types of public transport
- Emerging authentication methods
- Mobility as a Service
- How shall we pay for using new forms of transport?
- Pay by Bank
- Demographics of the future
- Supplier sessions
- Session 4 (Day 2 afternoon)
- Session theme: Are we going in the right direction?
- Breakout with syndicate groups, addressing:
- How can schemes and operators make best use of better traveller data?
- What are the next steps towards ABT and MaaS
- Consider the smart transit needs of young people and list the top 10 functions, features or applications that you believe would most attract and satisfy them
- Panel session
- General debate and Q&A
- Breakout with syndicate groups, addressing:
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE DEAL FOR DELEGATES?
Included within the delegate offer will be:
- Participation at all sessions on both days
- Access to all available presentation material
- Refreshments on arrival and throughout both days, including two buffet luncheons
- Cocktail reception
- Free Wifi access
The following are not included and, if required, must be reserved and paid for by participating delegates:
- Overnight accommodation
- Dinner on the evening of 25th September
An informal evening cocktail reception, kindly sponsored by Smartrac, will be held in the exhibitor’s room on Monday, 25th September.
Smartex is planning its traditional informal dinner, and this will be held after the cocktail reception on Monday, 25th September at San Carlo. Guests will be asked to pay for their own meals, and this may be done in advance with Smartex. Any particular dietary requirements or constraints should be passed to Smartex beforehand.
If you require overnight accommodation during the event (24th September and/or 25th September), we have reserved rooms at the Macdonald Burlington Hotel, including a range of single and twin rooms varying in price from £121 to £136 pppn (including breakfast). Officially, the hotel (and Booking.com) will tell you that they are full, so if you would like a room there, please call or Richard Poynder on 01440 712610 or email email@example.com as soon as possible.
ATTENDANCE TERMS FOR MEMBERS
Current Smartex members with remaining attendance entitlements for a normal TCF one-day meeting may attend free-of-charge within their membership, and this event will count as one day only of attendance, even if both days are attended.
ATTENDANCE TERMS FOR NON-MEMBERS
- Delegates from non-member transport operators and Local Authorities may attend free-of-charge for both days
- Other non-members may attend at a cost of £200 + VAT per day
Registration by both members and non-members can be done online here or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating:
- Whether you wish to attend on 25th or 26th September, or on both days
- Whether or not you intend to join us for dinner on the evening of 25th September
If you have any questions, please contact Annabel Cartwright at email@example.com or call +44 1440 712610.
If you are considering exhibiting, please contact Lawrence Faulkner at firstname.lastname@example.org or call + 44 7717 218767.